Today is Matt's birthday. I went out to try and finish up some birthday stuff and decided to go for lunch. I had a book with me and I wanted to go somewhere I have never been before, so I went to the Swan on Queen. I was really impressed. I was a little intimidated at first because I always feel that way when I'm out for lunch alone. I grabbed a nice, cozy window seat and enjoyed a delicious sandwich and coffee. I also enjoyed a few chapters of my book. It was really relaxing. The day isn't all that sunny, but it is rather mild. I also stopped by to try on some potential new frames for my next pair of glasses. I did see a few potentials, but I would rather wait to have someone with me before I take the plunge. The pair I was really taken by was a pair of Moscots. We'll see!!!
Speaking of the weather, on the way home I happened to notice the trees had started budding!!! It seems way too early, but that's okay by me! I don't mind an early spring. Although, I bet we're in for at least one more dusting of snow.
I wonder what kind of trees these are. They are all lined up on Argyle Street, and they are all budding. They are the only trees I've seen so far to do so this early. I was keeping my eye out for Robins all the way home, but no such luck. Maybe next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment